Mass timetable

Seasonal Mass Timetables 2019
Easter Masses Click HERE
Christmas Masses
Click HERE
Saturday vigil 5:00 pm
Sunday 7:00 am, 8:30 am, 10:00 am
Daily Masses
Mon-Fri 7:30 am
1st Fri of the Month
12 noon (with Exposition and Holy Hour at 10:45 am)
Saturday  9:00 am
Reconciliation (Confession)
8:15 - 8:45 am (Before the 9:00 am Mass)
1st Fri of the Month 11:30 am  
Mon- Fri
7:00 am (before morning Mass)
Legion of Mary/ Cenacle
Tuesday 8:45 am-10:30 am (Parish Office)
Children’s Liturgy (during school terms only)
Sunday 8:20 am


Parish History

Follow a rich history from 1931.


Prior to 1973 Part of Gosford Parish.

1931 Mass was celebrated monthly in a public hall in Kurrawyba Avenue, opposite the present Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza.
1942-1945 Mass offered at Kurrawyba Guest House.
1945-1948 Mass was offered in the hall at Astill Holme Guest House present site of Bulwarra Holiday units corner of Ena Street and Whiting Avenue. It was then held in the Terrigal RSL Hall near the Bowling Club.
1951 Mass celebrated at Terrigal picture theatre next to the Hardware store – now part of Pine Tree Lane.
1951-1959 The Church purchased a large block of land on Terrigal Esplanade and a church was built.
1961 Our Lady Star of the Sea Church was opened by Bishop Muldoon. The cost of the building was $24,000. The church was only used on Sundays until 1973.
1973 October, Foundation as a Parish. Rev Dr George Joiner was appointed as First Parish Priest.
1979 Church was extended and new Primary School Our Lady Star of the Sea was opened on 19 September.
1982 Rev Monsignor Vincent Marley appointed second Parish Priest.
1992 Fr Robert Borg appointed third Parish Priest.
1997 Fr Carol Grew appointed fourth Parish Priest.
2001 Decision was made to purchase land in Serpentine Road and build a new school and Church. The new school opened on 31 August 2001.
2002 The new Parish Hall was built and came into use as a temporary Church on 28 July.
2003 Parish Office and presbytery were built and came into use from January 2003.
2006 Fr Stan Kluk C.S.M.A appointed as fifth Parish Priest.
2009 Fr Mark Okarma C.S.M.A appointed as sixth Parish Priest.

The Diocese of Broken Bay

The Diocese of Broken Bay was formally established on 28 May 1986 with Bishop Patrick Murphy installed as first Bishop.

Thirty nine parishes from the Archdiocese of Sydney provided a ready local basis for the new Diocese.

Bishop Murphy retired in 1996 and was succeeded by Bishop David Walker who was ordained a Bishop on 3 September 1996.

After seventeen years the youngest Diocese of the Catholic Church in Australia is forging its own history and identity.

Geographically the Diocese covers a big area from North Sydney to the Central Coast – 2,763 square kilometers. The Diocese is made up of the Northern, Peninsula and Central Coast Region.